Updated: Jan 10, 2019
(Original version of this article was published in The Edge Magazine)
To ring in the New Year (2017 into 2018), my husband and I celebrated with a group of our friends and our last stop was a small-town bowling alley. My attention kept returning to a woman that was bowling on the lane next to us, but I couldn’t determine why exactly I felt the need to observe her. After the clock struck midnight and everyone’s games wrapped up, this woman and her boyfriend left abruptly. No one in my group noticed this…but I did. It was then discovered that my friends small purse had gone missing. It had simply vanished. As soon as we discovered the missing purse, I just knew who had it. I suggested we find someone that knew the woman I had been drawn to and have them call her phone. This was a small town, and everyone there seemed to know each other. The call was made and within 20 minutes the woman came back to the bowling alley and returned my friend's purse. My friend's purse had ended up in the woman’s purse.
How often has a similar incident occurred that could be remedied by you tuning into your intuition? How wonderful it would be for everyone to tune in and find solutions when they needed them!
The truth is, everyone has intuition and it’s readily available for your use! One of the biggest challenges people face are the misconceptions of what using intuition looks or feels like. So many people use it without even knowing they are accessing it. I like to think of intuition as the art of being ultra-observant. It is picking up on the subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) language of the universe. It can be the gut feeling you get that tells you not to trust someone or overhearing a conversation that sounds like it’s a message just for you…which it just may be!
Here are some practical tips for tuning in:
1) Believe, allow, and trust. This is incredibly important because every time you discount the information from your intuition, you shut it down! Believe in intuition, allow the information to come through, and trust that you are capable.
2) Be open to receive. Calm your mind and don’t judge the information that you perceive. Keep the ego out of the way and simply observe the information. It may be symbols, words, feelings, or impressions.
3) Ask for more clarity. If the information doesn’t make sense, it’s ok to ask for more clarification. Leave your expectations at the door, though. Help often comes in unexpected ways.
4) Practice! Practice makes perfect. There are endless ways to practice, test and hone your skills daily. Get creative but don’t guess…Perceive!
5) Take classes and courses. It never hurts to learn more about your abilities from someone with experience that can guide you. I absolutely adore mentoring people on growing their psychic abilities! It has become one of my favorite services I offer!
6) Meditate. By being mindful you become a true observer and can witness more information that can be sorted and explored. A cluttered mind can get in the way of being a clear channel for communication.
7) Take care of yourself. The healthier you are (mind, body, and soul) the higher your “vibration”. This allows you to be more in tune with your sixth sense.
8) Using tools can be extremely helpful. Try your hand at oracle cards, pendulums, or runes to help validate the information you are picking up.
Most important… have fun with it. Don’t be afraid of your natural abilities. Learn to use it like having a GPS from the universe. Your intuition is within you, and it’s waiting for you to turn it on, so it can guide you!
Allie Maurer is an International Spiritual Teacher that uses her abilities as a Psychic, Medium, and Healer to empower others on their own journeys. Through Private Sessions, Spiritual Mentorship, Life-Coaching and Events; she teaches clients around the globe how to embrace their path, move beyond fear and blocks, and powerfully create the vibrant life they desire. Discover why thousands of people around the world turn to her for guidance...
She also adores working with animals
as an Animal Communicator and Animal Healer!
Follow her on Facebook.com/PsychicAllieMaurer
Join her Spiritual Community at Facebook.com/groups/AllieMaurerSpiritTribe
Check her out at www.AllieMaurer.com
Check out what others say about working with her https://www.alliemaurer.com/testimonials