What it is and how to use it
Black Salt has a long tradition of being made and used for protection, driving away negative energy and unwanted people. Not to be confused with culinary black salt used in Indian cuisine, this powerful tool is not made for consuming, and would taste horrid.
What is it?
Different salts all have different energies and uses in spiritual work. For me: sea salt if great for purification, Epson for healing, Pink Himalayan for healing and loving energies… and then there is the concoction of black salt.
Black salt is customarily made by people that follow spiritual paths for protection and banishing work, but anyone can learn to make it. The traditional main (and most important) ingredient are ashes and scrapings from a cast iron cauldron and sea salt. Other ingredients that are often added are black pepper, ashes of herbs, and essential oils for protection (I add my Protection Oil Blend, check it out: https://www.alliemaurer.com/product-page/protection-oil).
While staying high vibe and in alignment is the best way to deter negative energy, sometimes it’s nice to have some help. Used with good old common sense and practical safety measures, this tool can help ward off the less desired energy.
How do you use it?
Once you have your black salt, what can you do with it? Black salt may be used alone in or in combination with other ingredients. Remember that its primary properties are warding, grounding, absorptive, and barrier-forming—knowing that, it’s easy to imagine your own ways of using it!
Here are some black salt uses to get you started:
• Banish negativity by walking the boundaries of your property counterclockwise while sprinkling black salt. You can do this in combination with another cleansing method, like smudging/smoke clearing.
• A thin line across the threshold of each door or window is said to ward off negativity. If it’s a particular person you want to stay out, sprinkle some your doorway while naming the person(s) to keep out and the reasons. This worked great for my mom. Her negative neighbor would always come over and demand things from my mother. Once my mom sprinkled a line in front of her door the neighbor came back one time, knocked and when my mom answered the door the neighbor mumbled “never mind” and didn’t bother my mom again.
• Use black salt in bags to repel negativity. A hidden packet of black salt in a workplace or other shared space is supposed to help absorb anger, grouchiness, gossip, etc. (Tape it under a desk or drawer. Replace periodically with fresh black salt.) I have a couple clients that are counselors and teachers that put it in a decorative bowl in their office and classrooms to help keep them from absorbing their clients’ and students’ energy.
· Keep in your car for a little extra protection.
• When the intention is manifesting a positive outcome like wealth or fame, throw in a pinch of black salt against jealousy that may arise to keep you from obtaining your desire.
• Using it in manifestation bags (more info coming soon) and wish jars (more info coming soon) is an effective method for use.
• When an unwanted person is leaving your home, throw a pinch of black salt in their footsteps to prevent their return.
• Make a protective candle by rolling the still-soft wax in black salt. If using an existing candle, you can melt the wax surface slightly with the flame of a lighter. Use the candle in manifesting rituals of protection and banishing.
Eventually the Black Salt will run out of juice and need to be replaced. When this happens, you will need to dispose of it when you finish. Simply burn, flush, bury away from your property or throw away.
Think you have a use for Black Salt?
For more information on the Black Salt I make or to purchase some click here. https://www.alliemaurer.com/product-page/black-salt
Allie Maurer is an International Spiritual Teacher that uses her abilities as a Psychic, Medium, and Healer to empower others on their own journeys. Through Private Sessions, Spiritual Mentorship, Life-Coaching and Events; she teaches clients around the globe how to embrace their path, move beyond fear and blocks, and powerfully create the vibrant life they desire. Discover why thousands of people around the world turn to her for guidance... She also adores working with animals as an Animal Communicator and Animal Healer!
Follow her on Facebook.com/PsychicAllieMaurer Join her Spiritual Community at Facebook.com/groups/AllieMaurerSpiritTribeCheck her out at www.AllieMaurer.comCheck out what others say about working with her https://www.alliemaurer.com/testimonials