Updated: Feb 5, 2019
And Practical Tips To Help You Meet Yours
(Original version published in The Edge Magazine)
As 2015 was ending, I was once again on a journey of spiritual awakening. I had turned off my gifts a couple years earlier in another attempt to be “normal”. As it never works in harmony to step away from our authentic selves, I was disconnected and unhappy. From there, I realigned and reopened myself to who I was. This time, when I opened myself, Angels were waiting for me.
Growing up there were spiritual beings that I would allow in to teach me, such as my spirit animals and spirit guides, but I had always steered away from “angels”. It seemed too religious, and I was always more drawn to spirituality than religion. When I would picture angels, I pictured the figurines on my grandmother’s knick-knack shelf, and that “just wasn’t for me”.
However, when I became fixated on my own spiritual healing I prioritized aligning with truth, authenticity, and unconditional love. When my angels came in I was able to see them for what they really were; beyond my childhood teachings and assumptions. These were the highest vibration spiritual beings of unconditional love… and limitless patience. As pure energy they are not bound by space and time, they are infinite, as are our true selves.
Intrigued, I started to explore and grow my relationship with my personal angels and the Archangels. They showed themselves by which angels were around me the most, which was, and still is, Archangels Michael (protecting me, especially when I am actively using my gifts), Raphael (supporting me in healing others), and Ariel (helping me during animal communication and animal healing).
I was a bit skeptical at first. But I will never forget my first experience that was truly the catalyst for changing my belief system. It was during a horrible snowstorm in January 2016 and I was trying to navigate the back roads from Carver to Prior Lake. There were cars in the ditch, 4-wheel drive vehicles spinning out and I was in my little Honda accord. It is far from a formidable winter vehicle, and I was terrified. I realized I should not be on the roads and what a bad decision I had made as I leaned over the steering wheel, white knuckled and panicked tears in my eyes, my car sliding all over the road at 10 miles an hour. In sheer desperation I called out to Archangel Michael, asking him to protect me and my car to get to my destination. Suddenly, this bizarre wave of euphoria washed over me. I was in an extreme state of calm and peace and singing along to the radio, all fear was gone. My car stopped sliding and never faulted a single time, the roads may as well have been completely clear. I remember walking into work in sheer joy, peace and absolute gratitude. Not just for safety, but also for that incredible experience and proof that this was a very real, and very loving force.
Since then I have established a strong relationship with my angelic support system. And it is something everyone can do. They are always willing and ready to help with any situation. However, you do need to ask for their help, because of free will, they can’t interfere unless you ask. There is nothing too big or small. It is like your own spiritual entourage.
They love letting you know they are with you in wonderful ways. Finding white feathers and interesting synchronicities. I have 2 wonderful pictures in my office from clients that said that their spirit guides would not allow them to come see me until they made me a picture of an angel. I also received a wood carved angel holding a puppy for Christmas in a random gift exchange last December. It was the only angel in the exchange and no one knew who would end up receiving which gift. I immediately said “Hi” to Ariel and smiled as I held it. Just a little reminder that she is with me and I am here for animals.
If you have never established a relationship with your angels, I highly recommend it. You have nothing to lose and unconditional love and support to gain!
Here are a couple easy ways to get started:
- Meditation and Guided Meditation- This is one of the best ways. It helps clear the internal chatter and aligns you with the hemisphere in your brain that is intuitive. Guided meditations on meeting your angels are very helpful and there are a lot of free ones on YouTube.
- Create Sacred Space- Build a space where you won’t be disturbed and can be an extension of your energy. It should be comfortable and relaxing. Burn incense or diffuse essential oils, surround yourself with inspiring and beautiful pictures, etc. Really cater to your senses to create a space in the world that is just for you.
- Start Talking to Them- Develop a relationship with them. Even if you don’t feel at first that you connect with their responses, that’s OK. Tell them your hopes, dreams, and fear. Ask them for help and support. Tell them what you are grateful for. They are like your own personal therapists and they love when we talk to them. This can be in your head or out loud.
- Ask for signs- Be specific with a time frame and be open to how the sign comes through. If you ask to see a dove (for example) then also pay attention to pictures that pop up on Facebook, words people say, and songs. Spiritual beings work by the path of least resistance. So the movie “Lonesome Dove” might be what’s on TV when you turn it on.
- Synchronicity- As you work with your angels pay attention to synchronicity, repeating patterns, songs, etc. Have you started seeing 111 everywhere you go? (I just looked down while writing this and it is 2:22 on the 22😉) Are you seeing feathers consistently? These can be signs your angels are around.
- Write- You can write them a letter, you can journal your experiences with them, or try your hand at automatic writing (more advanced practice). Getting your thoughts, ideas, and interactions down on paper makes them more real. Words have power and writing things down brings them into our physical reality.
- Use Crystals- Selenite, celestite, angel phantom quartz, and rutilated Quartz are very high-vibe stone that can help you connect deeper and easier with the angelic realm. My husband just purchased an angelite stone for me this weekend when we were out of town. Completely random, he said we should go into the crystal shop (he’s not spiritual but is becoming more open) and mentioned he thought I needed that stone and bought it for me. As we left the shop a man came up to us and started speaking about love being what connects us, and humanity needs to start coming from a place of love. The stranger told my husband and me he didn’t want anything from us, just that he could see in our eyes we would understand and that we had good hearts. I did understand…and it shows angels are everywhere, and their messages can come from anyone. It was a bizarre and beautiful experience. Things the rest of trip started to unfold in very interesting ways.
You can hold the crystals while you meditate, put them under your pillow, keep them on an alter, wear them in jewelry, or carry them in your pocket.
- Dreams-Ask them to come to you in your dreams and ask to remember the dreams. Write down your dreams when you wake up.
I hope these tips can help you connect more strongly to your angelic team and bring more unconditional love and angelic assistance into your life.
Let me know about your angelic experiences in the comments below!
Allie Maurer is an International Spiritual Teacher that uses her abilities as a Psychic, Medium, and Healer to empower others on their own journeys. Through Private Sessions, Spiritual Mentorship, Life-Coaching and Events; she teaches clients around the globe how to embrace their path, move beyond fear and blocks, and powerfully create the vibrant life they desire. Discover why thousands of people around the world turn to her for guidance...
She also adores working with animals
as an Animal Communicator and Animal Healer!
Follow her on Facebook.com/PsychicAllieMaurer
Join her Spiritual Community at Facebook.com/groups/AllieMaurerSpiritTribe
Check her out at www.AllieMaurer.com
Check out what others say about working with her https://www.alliemaurer.com/testimonials